Disclaimer before we start….I am probably writing this post as a way to remind myself of this topic.
Tonight I am going to go back to training after taking most of December, all of January, and most of February off due to Omicron.
Here is a list of things that I know will suck tonight:
- My cardio. Yeah I’m going to get tired faster tonight.
- My timining. I full on expect to not be as sharp timining wise.
- Techniques I’m not an expert at.
Whoa whoa….why would you say this? Aren’t you supposed to come back at the same level?
In my experience it takes time to get back to that same level.
Your body needs time to readjust to the movements and you need time mentally to remember everything.
It’s a totally normal part of the comeback plan.
So what will go good tonight?
- My overall attitude. I’m happy to be training again.
- My ability to focus. Distance makes the heart grow fonder right? Well my heat is dying to learn how to armbar someone.
- My go to techniques. In times like this I find myself falling back to my tried and true techniques.
Even armed with the knowledge that tonight will suck, it does not make it any easier.
The most important thing about coming back from a break is to get back into a solid training routine and remember that it may take some time to get back to the same level.